Paperless Post is looking for an engaging and strategic Senior Copywriter to own and evolve the voice of our brand. This role is part of the Brand & Marketing team and will collaborate closely with designers, marketers, and product managers to bring our brand to life with words. We aren’t beholden to advertisers and our mission as a company is to help people gather in real life, so your writing will primarily focus on how we can help hosts have better parties and events.
Your writing will help us create a cohesive brand voice across our products and channels, from marketing emails and UX copy, to long-form blog posts and social media captions. Your writing will communicate the value of our platform, shape our user interfaces, make our product more discoverable, and inspire our users to host creatively and confidently.
The ideal candidate can inhabit an experienced and instructional, but fun-loving, voice that helps our users throw memorable events. You can spot a misplaced comma from a mile away and notice bad grammar in a subway ad, even when half-asleep. You understand that real estate is precious and each character counts. All 60 of them, sometimes. You can see the big picture and fill in the blanks to make the user experience seamless, and the act of hosting get-togethers more joyous.
What You’ll Do Here
- Craft a brand voice that projects confidence, experience, open-mindedness, and a passion for fun to our users. Our product offering is growing and we’d like our brand voice to evolve with it.
- Lead copy creation across all of our company’s channels, bringing a strong point of view on how copy nuances inspire, inform, and engage users
- Write copy for marketing materials, including emails, blog posts, and social media
- Enhance the user experience and communicate product value through onsite UX copy
- Delight our users every day with the perfect email subject line, a too-true Instagram caption, or a full-length article on our blog
- Write lifestyle content that will inspire confidence and creativity in our customers
- Partner with art directors and UX designers to create compelling communication that is more than the sum of its parts
- 5+ years experience writing engaging, consumer-facing copy for e-commerce, UX, and social media
- The ability to translate brand guidelines into a consistent, ownable voice
- Experience writing punchy copy with a wide range of references, especially headlines, captions, or other kinds of fun display communications
- The ability to write both Instagram and user interaction copy, and an understanding of how those are different
- Scrupulous proofreading and copyediting skills, as well as fantastic grammar and a love of words
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Comfort both defending your ideas to stakeholders and adapting to feedback/changes in strategy—and the experience to know which is called for
- An easy sense of humor and the ability to draw upon broad and inclusive cultural references
- A genuine interest in entertaining and the ways that people gather
A Little About the Team
The Paperless Post Brand & Marketing team is a dynamic group of creatives and marketers who shape how Paperless Post communicates with millions of users. As the keepers of the brand’s verbal and visual voice, we collaborate with every team in the company—from marketers and technologists, to product designers and senior leadership. We pride ourselves on our expertise in and enthusiasm for compelling brand storytelling.