Product Marketing Manager
StockTwits is the largest social network of investors and traders. Our users create real-time streams of insights, ideas and information that are used by investors, analysts, media and others as they research stocks and manage their investments.2M+ investors, market professionals and public companies consume and share information and ideas about the markets and stocks using StockTwits. The content is viewed by an audience of over 40 million across the financial web.
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help our products "fly-off the shelf."
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Instead, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve business goals.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for positioning, marketing and evangelizing our products and for driving adoption of these with customers and strategic partners. You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with other marketing team members to develop innovative programs that drive product demand. Attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Develop Market Requirements Document to create Business Case for products
- Design and implement product launches for all online/offline channels
- Work with Product Manager to define user personas and requirements
- Identify lead generation opportunities and create all marketing collateral such as whitepapers, data sheets, FAQ, feature/benefit sheets, case studies, etc.
- Provide product positioning materials & training for sales & customer service
- Develop standardized sales scripts, presentations, proposals, etc
- Work with journalists/analysts to ensure PR coverage in print and online
- Complete competitive analysis and provide insights to Product Manager
- Analyze and capture marketing campaign performance metrics & ROI
- Support channel partners with sales training, collateral, and best practices
- University degree or college diploma in business, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a marketing or product management
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales, and development processes
- Strong project management, leadership, training & sales support skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives
- Exception written and verbal communication skills
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective time management, organizational, and leadership skills
Here's the good stuff about us…
- We are a small, close team. We often have company outings and team events.
- You'll make an impact. StockTwits is not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately.
- We've got a big presence, but a small team.
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401K Plan
- Weekly Team Lunches + fully stocked snackbar
- Flexible Work Environment & Unlimited PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefits