Product Marketing Manager
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our marketing team. This is a critical role for TpT as you will be responsible for bringing products to market that empower educators all over the world. TpT is the world's first and largest online open marketplace for educators with more than 3 million free and paid resources, created by educators who understand what works in the classroom.
As our product marketing expert, you'll partner with the product teams to run the product marketing strategy from beginning to end. You’ll need to have a strong business acumen, understand the customer and market opportunity, and can communicate complex messages with simplicity. You’ll work with product management, engineering, community, customer experience, marketing, and other cross-functional teams. Whether you're defining go-to-market strategies, planning and executing feature releases, or improving the way we bring products to market at TpT, your contribution will be impactful.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Design and Community to inform the product development process with a lense on audience usability and adoption
- Create a thorough GTM strategy and plan to outline all stakeholders, deliverables, channels, and tactics
- Develop key messaging frameworks, positioning statements and value props for your defined target audiences
- Identify marketing program tactics, channels, and goals to support product adoption and growth
- Measure and track effectiveness, actively course-correcting based on results
- Build customer-focused product content that excites, inspires, and drives adoption
- Design thoughtful internal and external communication plans
- Lead cross-functional implementation of the product marketing plan
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Ability to craft value propositions in succinct, easy to understand terms
- Demonstrated expertise in translating technical capabilities into benefits
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs that drive adoption
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving and collaborative environment
- Is inspired by our mission to empower educators
- BA/BS in business or marketing/communications preferred
- 4-6 years of product marketing experience
- Experience in education, technology or at an e-commerce company