Partner Marketing Manager: Marketplace
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building technology-driven partnerships to accelerate customer acquisition and adoption
We are looking for a hardworking and deeply curious marketer to drive customer growth and adoption of the DigitalOcean Marketplace through joint marketing efforts with our Ecosystem Partners. Reporting to the Director of Growth, the Partner Marketing Manager, Marketplace, will build and execute on a repeatable framework to bring new Marketplace 1-Click applications to market through content, social, press, etc. With DigitalOcean’s community of 3.5 million developers, you’ll have the opportunity to help accelerate the adoption of the world’s leading cutting-edge and every-day open source source projects and commercial offerings.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Tactically lead the co-marketing efforts for the DigitalOcean Marketplace to drive new customer acquisition and adoption of partner 1-Clicks.
- Work closely with the Marketplace Product Team to develop and execute launch plans for new Marketplace 1-Click Applications.
- Develop relationships with Marketplace partners to strategize and execute on a collaborative go-to-market plan across channels.
- Execute a repeatable blueprint for co-marketing with high-touch and low-touch Marketplace partners, enabling us to scale up to hundreds of new partners in the next 24 months.
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Acquisition teams to drive adoption of marketplace 1-Clicks through paid media, newsletters, our Community, in-product notifications, etc.
- Work closely with our Developer Relations team to execute on content, demos, talking points for conferences, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with strategic partner counterparts to ensure DigitalOcean is top of mind and is opportunistically included in partner releases, new content, etc
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Familiarity with the developer tools ecosystem, ideally leading co-marketing or partner marketing efforts for a developer-focused company.
- A knack for engaging with developer communities.
- Technical background with the ability to engage software developers and architects is required.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization by building strong relationships.
- Can put finger-to-keyboard on drafting and producing content (where applicable) and driving email marketing campaigns forward (proposing list segmentation, drafting outlines and copy, etc).
- Can quickly pattern match which partners would be best fit for promoting relevant new products, features, content, events, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, clearly articulate problems and propose solutions.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!