Media Strategist, Programmatic Marketing
Squarespace is looking for a strategic and results-driven programmatic specialist to join our collaborative team. This person will help our Media & Acquisition team drive growth by developing and executing self-service in-house programmatic media campaigns across channels including display and video, in service of both acquisition and brand objectives. With a proven track record of using data to drive business results, plus a deep understanding of the RTB ecosystem and ad technology space, you will plan programmatic buys in the context of our larger media strategy, analyze campaign performance, and communicate and implement opportunities for optimization.
This person will work closely with the rest of the Marketing team to support company objectives, engage with Creative to brief and test assets that deliver on strategic goals, and partner with Analytics to test and learn.
Our Media & Acquisition team sets itself apart by being both rigorous and experimental, and we seek team members who can maintain that balance. If you are passionate about creative audience targeting, excited by data, devoted to flawless execution, and motivated to continuously improve, we’d love to meet you.
This role is based in our headquarters in New York and reports to the Director of Media & Acquisition.
- Own the development, management and execution of large-scale programmatic media campaigns across display and video partners and platforms, including GDN, The Trade Desk and YouTube
- Track performance to ensure delivery against objectives, optimize tactics, and report on effectiveness of media buys; partner with Marketing Analytics on attribution & testing initiatives
- Work closely with our in-house Creative team to develop best-in-class assets, including contributing to briefs and reporting on performance
- Collaborate with other Media & Acquisition channel owners to drive innovation in ad buying & strategy by serving as a subject matter expert on programmatic best practices across additional channels such as CTV and digital out-of-home
- 3-5 years experience in a strategic programmatic media planning & buying role, including demonstrated success with both display and video campaigns
- Creative, strategic, and structured thinker who can identify opportunities for channel growth in the context of Squarespace’s larger media strategy, develop cohesive plans, and clearly communicate performance
- Deep expertise in the programmatic ecosystem with strong working knowledge of RTB, DSPs, SSPs, data providers and PMPs
- Operations-minded; comfort with hands-on execution of programmatic campaigns against both direct response and branding goals
- High level of comfort being hands-on with data for performance analysis; should be very comfortable working in Excel, building reports for measuring ad effectiveness, and setting up structured tests
- Direct experience working in several of the following platforms: Google AdWords / GDN, YouTube, DSPs, DCM
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to navigate ambiguity in order to find solutions for marketing challenges
- Experience in ad operations strongly preferred (e.g. - tag management in Google Tag Manager, trafficking and measurement in Google Campaign Manager)
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.