Marketing Manager, Acquisition
Squarespace is looking for a strategic and experienced acquisition media leader to drive growth across channels including Search, Social, and Programmatic. With a proven track record of using data to drive business results and a deep understanding of the media ecosystem, you will lead a team of channel experts to maximize impact across and within channels, push the boundaries of new media opportunities, and grow Squarespace’s influence among a new generation of small businesses, creators and innovators.
This person will work closely with the rest of the Marketing team to support company objectives, engage with Creative to brief and evaluate assets that deliver on strategic goals, and partner with Analytics to test and learn.
Our Media & Acquisition team sets itself apart by being both rigorous and experimental, and we seek team members who can maintain that balance. If you are a natural storyteller, passionate about creative audience targeting, excited by data, and motivated to continuously improve, we’d love to meet you.
This role is based in our headquarters in New York and reports to the Director of Media & Acquisition.
- Drive subscription growth by planning and optimizing activity between programmatic channels, including Paid Search, Social, and Programmatic Display
- Continuously identify, evaluate, and test new channels, partners, and platforms; with Analytics, drive an ongoing Learning Agenda to answer key business questions
- Lead and mentor a team of 5+ channel owners and junior resources to grow their responsibilities and competencies
- Partner with Direct-Buy and Brand channels to meet Squarespace’s overall Acquisition and Brand objectives, maximizing the impact of all marketing programs
- Work with our in-house Creative team to brief for new assets and test into best practices
- Develop and refine consistent processes and guidelines to streamline execution as your team and scope grows
- 8+ years of managing media across a combination of channels (including at least two of search, social, and programmatic display) to meet performance goals
- Comfort building, managing, and forecasting performance for large budgets
- Experience managing large, multi-layer teams to drive both business results and career growth
- Deep knowledge of the programmatic ecosystem, including technology providers, platforms, and media partners
- Expertise analyzing and communicating performance data, developing test plans, and partnering with Analytics teams for advanced analysis
- Familiarity with media operations (tagging, trafficking, etc.)
- International planning and execution experience a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.