Marketing Data Analyst
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
As Simon’s Marketing Data Analyst you will scale our predictive features ability to analyze data efficiently and meaningfully. In this role you will be responsible for developing general schemata for product and marketing data, and use them to align and report on quality and integrity of complex datasets. You will produce clear, statistically rigorous analyses of complex datasets for consumption by an audience of marketing professionals and domain experts. You will get to explore complex datasets to drive advanced segmentation and campaign efficacy analyses.
This role is crucial to the business as we expand our capabilities and intelligence tools to our customers. You are the right person for this role if you have a high proficiency in communicating data insights to non technical stakeholders, are creative in your approach to finding solutions for current data sets and able to iterate as needed, and have a strong desire to learn new skills and technical approaches as you advance your career in data science.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write SQL queries in a number of dialects to extract and schematize diverse data sets
- Analyze ad transform data in order to derive meaningful insights for customers and internal stakeholders
- Creatively generate clear visualizations of large and complex data sets
- Extract features from data that use calculated insights to improve performance of statistical models that drive Simon’s products
- M.S. Data Science/Statistics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working in digital marketing, business analysis, or related field
- 1+ years experience writing SQL queries
- Practical experience visualizing complex datasets (R/ggplot, python/matplotlib, SAS/Tableau, Excel, etc.)
- Meaningful experience writing Python or other production coding language (Java, C#, etc) is a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.