theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a Marketing Associate to join our marketing team to help create and execute marketing campaigns to support our membership business. You will work closely with our brand, design, editorial and product teams to support a variety of marketing initiatives - from new product launches to customer engagement campaigns. The role requires the ability to work cross-functionally and a good understanding of core marketing functions, including copywriting, content marketing, retention marketing and brand marketing.
You will be joining theSkimm’s marketing team - which sits at the intersection of our product, our brand, and our customers. We are a diverse group of fast-moving, hard working, data-driven, creative thinkers who thrive on launching and growing products our members will love. You will be a core member of our team, and your work will be critical to scaling our marketing and business initiatives this year.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working with the marketing team to execute go-to-market plans for new product launches, consumer marketing campaigns, and activations
- Working cross-platform to ensure that our messaging and brand voice is aligned in all paid marketing, product marketing, digital marketing, and content marketing
- Writing lifecycle, loyalty and retention communications for all of theSkimm’s products
- Optimizing messaging for acquisition and to maximize ROI
- Helping execute brand marketing initiatives
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 1-2 years of full-time experience in marketing, preferably in content marketing, consumer, or product marketing
- Strong written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Experience working with product and design teams
- Digital marketing first mindset and understanding of the digital landscape
- Passion for about theSkimm's brand and products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY