Manager, Strategy - Market Intelligence
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare City Guide and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings for developers and marketers include Places, Pilgrim SDK, Analytics, Pinpoint and Attribution, all based on the world’s leading location technology and largest first-party foot traffic panel. With more than 250 people across our offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this position:
The Manager, Market Intelligence will be the driving force to deliver insightful, actionable, and timely market & competitive intelligence to drive profitable growth and enhance corporate business strategy at Foursquare. You will be responsible for expanding and improving the company’s understanding and application of market trends, competitor strategies and industry dynamics for our media and enterprise offerings. This role will partner closely with internal leadership across Sales, Marketing & Product to positively influence the direction of our products and services.
You must be insatiably curious, incredibly resourceful and have experience leading market and competitive research, unifying information from diverse sources into a cohesive, data-driven perspective. You need to be able to intimately understand our industry and competitive position, enabling Foursquare to develop compelling and differentiated offers, and ultimately winning market share.
- Designing, launching and managing a high-quality market intelligence program that includes deep information on market size and trends, competitive positioning, and shifting industry dynamics, as well as creating the system(s) for disseminating that information clearly and easily. Sample components include:
- Develop predictive models/frameworks on the evolution of the market and industry, providing recommendations on Foursquare’s approach based on the market’s and competitions’ likely strategic moves.
- Create deep, data-driven insights on competitor strategies, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and long range strategic plans.
- Align the organization around a continually updated corporate Market Intelligence System of your design, sourcing information, feedback and knowledge from employees across the company
- Research and compile information from a mix of primary and secondary sources; maintain ‘pulse’ on key factors and trends in the industry, escalating as needed to positively impact business performance.
- Translate data and information into actionable narratives that support better, more proactive decision-making; partner closely with stakeholders across Sales, Product & Marketing to effectively leverage that information in R&D and GTM
- Lead strategic initiatives that support business performance and success; proactively recommend new initiatives or business opportunities based on deep understanding of industry landscape
- Become a trusted internal advisor on market and share implications, using data, insights and vision to help business leaders understand and act upon developments in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5+ years of work experience in strategic, insights-driven roles such as management consulting, corporate strategy, equity research or business intelligence; relevant, specific experience in market and competitive intelligence required
- 2+ years experience in the MarTech/AdTech industry, with a strong understanding of major actors, trends and dynamics; extra credit for location-specific experience
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, collaboration and project management skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with executives and teams across the company.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail. Ability to articulate with strong presentation and PowerPoint skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse
- The ability to synthesize the complex, connect the dots across multiple data sources and see the “signal through the noise” in large, myriad quantitative and qualitative data sets and convert these to actionable decisions
- “Get it done” mentality - willingness to roll up the sleeves in a fast-paced environment
- Internally motivated self-starter who effectively runs multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines at a time.
- Ability to foster teamwork and partner to effectively garner consensus, information and support across all levels of the organization
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.