Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Our Manager, Product Marketing will be essential in building out our product marketing function. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Manager, Product Marketing , You’ll Get to...
- Establish product marketing as the industry expert internally.
- Develop and hone your understanding of our competition (both direct and indirect), along with key points of differentiation.
- Identify and keep abreast of key market trends across industry and customer segments.
- Provide consistent market intelligence to all team leads.
- Establish product marketing as the customer expert internally.
- Learn our customers make decisions and what is most important to them in their purchasing process.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative research to understand customer needs as they (and our product) evolves.
- Refine our current customer personas as our customer base expands and we learn more about them.
- Identify how we should be segmenting customers to provide them the best experience, and provide this information consistently cross-functionally.
- Refine our current narrative, value props, and positioning to better distinguish us from our direct and indirect competition.
- Develop core messaging for the website, ads, email, and other marketing materials.
- Ensure positioning is consistent across all channels.
- Create sales enablement tools and product collateral such as sales decks, one-pagers, video demos, and more to better explain Fundera products.
- Work closely with other marketing functions to develop marketing materials as needed to hit their ambitious growth goals.
- Work closely with sales, product, and business development to create other marketing materials as needed.
- Develop, manage, and execute the go-to-market playbook for new features and products.
- Effectively build go-to-market teams, collaborating with product, design, marketing, sales, business development and more to determine effective launch strategies.
- Ensure everyone internally is able to articulate positioning, value propositions, and key differentiators with each launch.
- Determine, measure, and report on KPIs for all of your initiatives.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- 4+ years total experience in either marketing or product marketing with 2+ years in a similar role.
- Stood up or been instrumental in building a product marketing program and can provide measurable results from this program.
- A know-how on analyzing data and using it to make decisions.
- Excellent copywriting skills (or at minimum the ability to know what good copy looks like and how to hire those that can write it.)
- The ability to use Salesforce, Google Analytics and more to understand the user journey and diagnose issues.
- Experience in customer segmentation, research, and persona development.
- Experience leading multi-stakeholder projects.
- An entrepreneurial nature. You can create something from scratch and are familiar with what it means to lay down infrastructure and make a business case.
- A creative and scrappy nature. You have an endless list of out-of-the-box ideas to hit ambitious goals, and know how to make these things happen on a small budget.
- Stellar communicator. You can quickly and impressively explain the value props of Fundera just from what you learn during the interview process.
- Strong cross-collaboration abilities. You can communicate effectively with growth, product, design, sales, business development, and more.
- Experience launching and optimizing a marketplace service that offers different product types within it would be a plus.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relative experience, apply below to be our Manager, Product Marketing.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.