Manager, Communications (Technology & Innovation)
Peloton, a global technology company reinventing fitness, is looking for a passionate communicator with experience working on consumer technology products or brands. The Communications Manager, Technology & Innovation will focus on promoting Peloton’s technology- and innovation-driven initiatives across product, hardware, software and content production. This role would be responsible for crafting PR plans, securing and managing speaking engagements (for the CTO, VP, Product and other spokespeople), writing (press releases, product messaging and talking points), product launches, reactive communications and developing compelling media stories for the company.
Reporting to our VP, Global Communications, the Communications Manager will work closely with our teams across product, content, design, IT, internal communications and recruiting to highlight the innovation and diversity of Peloton’s various technology initiatives.
The ideal candidate is interested in working in a fast-paced environment, passionate about technology, and has an understanding of highly technical topics and emerging technology trends. Experience building proactive communications and storytelling programs, media relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are required.
This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will be able to work cross-functionally to drive teams towards a launch or a common goal.
- Plan and execute product PR plans and strategy
- Proactively identify technology trends and devise compelling stories that show Peloton’s leadership in consumer technology
- Work closely with product teams to develop relevant content, and develop key company spokespeople to leverage them for press and speaking opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant technology media and influencers to educate them about Peloton’s technology
- Write and edit press materials including press releases, announcements, bylines, pitches
- Work with vendors and partners to tell joint stories at events and in the press when appropriate
- Solid media and influencer relationships in the technology sector, and the media placements to prove it.
- Outstanding interpersonal, project management and prioritization skills. Unfazed by constant change.
- A collaborative, open attitude and a history of working in and leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (writing samples required) with a knack for simplifying complex topics and technologies.
- 5+ years of tech PR experience, either agency or in-house
- Bachelors degree
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.