Lead, Internal Communications
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities that have historically had limited access to high-quality, affordable care. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries. We’re tackling a $1.3 trillion market opportunity with market-leading early indicators, and are on the path to serve millions of members in the next decade.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through our flexible care teams, deep community partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
We’re growing quickly—in the next year, we’ll enter new markets and expand our footprint in current markets, each with their own field-based teams and potentially regional offices. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
Internal communications encompasses all the ways that we connect across our team, and as a result, is a reflection of our values, ways of being, and the culture we strive to build. It’s not just about what we say, but how we say it, and the medium in which we do so. It’s also equally about giving people the avenues and tools to be heard—to bring people along, instill a culture of transparency and openness around decision-making, key projects in flight, and a way to display appreciation and celebration of shared wins. Cityblock’s Internal Communications Lead will stand up and lead this function in partnership with key stakeholders around the organization.
You will have the opportunity to design an internal communications framework and structure from the ground up, built to flex and scale with us as we face rapid growth that demands regular, timely, and open lines of communication to the company. In this position, you will have the opportunity to both create new systems and provide detailed oversight of existing workflows. A strong leader in this role will build deep working relationships across our varied business functions. You will drive an array of initiatives that ensure our team feels informed, engaged, and fulfilled by their work.
Joining in the early stages of this high growth company will afford the opportunity to work extremely closely with the CEO and key leaders across the organization.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, seek out multidimensional opportunities and challenges, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Communicate Cityblock’s mission, values, and goals to employees such that all in the organization are aware of team projects and strategies, and equipped to be ambassadors and culture carriers of Cityblock
- Build communication channels, strategies and tactics that support our team and employee experience goals and objectives (eg. team NPS)
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and distribute communications strategies and materials regarding organizational growth, personnel changes (new hires, departures and promotions), and general informational content
- Design structure and timing of internal messaging, as well as build and deliver messaging that resonate with diverse audiences
- Partner with senior leaders and the People team to develop and drive employee engagement initiatives
- Manage a content review and governance process to improve quality and consistency of content around the company
- Develop and track metrics & KPI’s to measure the impact of internal communications messages and channels, and develop tools to improve communication effectiveness
- Oversee the content and production of all-hands meetings (corporate and company wide)
- Partner closely with regional market leaders to ensure company-wide messages are communicated effectively and with a consistent voice
You’d be a good fit if:
- 5+ years of experience in high-growth start-ups, venture-backed businesses, or an organization with a bifurcated and decentralized workforce
- You are a self-starter, entrepreneurial in nature, able to chart a path through complex, cross-functional work
- You have significant experience as an internal communications expert, formally or informally, and assessing different audiences needs (corporate operations and front-line care delivery teams)
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- You have strong organizational skills, and deep familiarity to develop and execute a multi-platform communications strategy
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and can tailor communications to your audience
- You are hands-on and not afraid to dive into the details
- You are deeply passionate about our mission and excited by how this role will drive the Company’s success
Nice to have:
- Experience in a healthcare organization
- Undergraduate major or graduate degree in writing, rhetoric or literature
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.