International Marketing Manager
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us!
We are looking for an experienced international marketing manager to drive and support marketing projects and initiatives in key international markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the International team at a very early stage and play a key role in developing Meetup across the world.
- Recruit and manage local experts as needed, i.e. social media managers, copywriters, marketing and community specialists in order to implement local marketing programs
- Ensure that local community teams are clear on objectives and have the resources they need to localize and execute local marketing programs
- Coordinate social, digital and IRL marketing projects in multiple markets and monitor performance
- Manage the localization of Meetup brand assets in multiple languages and ensure that local assets are on brand
- Gather local insights on user needs, habits and perceptions that fuel global and local growth strategies
- Execute projects with precision and in alignment with approved budget and expectations
- Serve as communication liaison between local community teams and US headquarters
- Give visibility of local marketing activities and market data to US headquarters
The Ideal person
- Has 5+ years experience in an international marketing role
- Has excellent planning and project management skills
- Is extremely meticulous and comfortable working with 15+ languages
- Has experience managing remote staff in different timezones
- Has outstanding relationship building and communication skills
- Is a creative thinker with excellent problem solving skills and a drive to constantly generate ideas to improve brand impact in local markets
- Is able to work independently and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Has worked and lived in international markets
- Is fluent in at least 2 languages
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?