Integrated / Brand Marketing Manager
The Farmer’s Dog is a leading tech-enabled pet health brand, on a mission to disrupt the $75B global pet food industry. The company is VC-backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective grounded in quality, transparency, and personalization. Through a combination of proprietary technology and a lot of heart, we’re completely reimagining what pet food is and how it’s made and delivered. Our recipes are designed in partnership with vets, freshly-cooked to USDA standards using human-grade ingredients, and sent to customers through customized subscription meal plans. Since cooking and delivering their first batch of food from a cramped Brooklyn kitchen in 2014, The Farmer’s Dog has fed millions of fresh, healthy meals to dogs nationwide.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Having witnessed first-hand the power of fresh food, he teamed up with Jonathan to rethink the industry from the ground-up and create the product they wished had existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
In a world of seemingly limitless data, content, and media, integrated strategy and execution that truly build brands have never been more important -- or harder to find. We’re looking for an integrated thinker and doer who can help define The Farmer's Dog brand and bring it to life through creative and effective marketing initiatives, partnerships, and new product launches. This role represents a unique opportunity to deeply understand a passionate consumer base, build a brand from the ground-up, and transform an enormous industry that's in dire need of change.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Brand to define and refine The Farmer's Dog's overall brand strategy, positioning, and marketing plan
- Develop integrated media strategies across paid, owned, and earned channels that achieve both aggressive subscriber growth and brand equity goals
- Lead agency relationships and manage major marketing programs from briefing through to execution
- Collaborate across functional areas - from Performance Marketing and Community to Engineering and Customer Experience - to uncover strategic opportunities, gather insights, and ensure brand alignment
- Identify, evaluate, brief, and manage individual brand, publisher, and media partners for specific marketing initiatives
- Determine the best way for The Farmer's Dog to collect, analyze, and apply qualitative and quantitative data on an ongoing basis
- Act as a steward of The Farmer's Dog brand and "big idea" creativity internally and externally
- A true "whole-brained" thinker with a deep understanding of how brands are built across channels and platforms
- Comfortable oscillating between big-picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution
- A clear, responsive communicator, verbally and in writing
- Curious about new brand-building strategies, tactics, and channels and how to apply them to our brand
- Driven by data and intuition, and have a sense for which to prioritize when
- Incredibly organized and a masterful manager of your own, and others’, time
- Adaptable to different working styles, mindsets, and personalities, showcasing a willingness to collaborate with all
- Excited about proactively coming up with and implementing ideas (big and small) that will help grow our brand
- Attentive to detail with high standards of quality and performance while maintaining an (authentically) friendly, positive attitude
- Flexible and open-minded, but also have strong convictions and a POV that you can clearly communicate and defend
- A DOG PERSON -- even if you don’t have one!
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies