Head of Marketing & Engagement
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business, and work closely with executive leadership.
The Marketing team at Cityblock is embarking on an exciting period—we’re building out the function to have a critical role in bringing better care to neighborhoods where it’s needed most. As Head of Marketing & Engagement, you will set the overall direction and strategy of our brand and public identity and have a critical role in driving growth, especially in increasing Cityblock membership in lower-income communities around the country. We are looking for an innovative leader to shape and guide our Marketing & Engagement strategy as we build out the team and our capabilities— who thinks creatively about how to bridge technology and healthcare worlds to reach new members and engage in the communities we serve.
In this role, you will bring an analytically and operationally rigorous lens to marketing and member engagement activities and will make decisions informed by data, research, and testing, grounding our work in a deep understanding of the members and communities we will serve. You will bring a keen eye and ear to our written and spoken word, with an ability to communicate to different audiences with ease and creativity.
Under your leadership, your team will raise awareness of Cityblock across diverse technology and healthcare audiences; drive engagement with local providers, social services organizations, and community members; and, most critically, reach and engage individuals and communities in Cityblock’s care model, as a part of our dedication to delivering a radically better experience of care for everyone.
- Build out the Marketing function:
- Build & lead a nimble Marketing team, building upon capabilities across performance & product marketing, brand marketing, brand design, and PR/communications
- Define and operationalize overarching strategy and tactical objectives aligned with company goals and establish priorities for Marketing as the company grows and evolves
- Develop and leverage budget and an analytical and measurement-driven framework around performance including identifying KPIs/goals for the marketing team; creating dashboards for visibility across the company; and running A/B tests and analytical frameworks to continuously iterate and improve against KPIs.
- Ensure close collaboration between three core team capabilities—Brand Marketing, Brand Design, & Performance Marketing—and lead cross-functional collaboration.
- Develop a strong Performance Marketing capability:
- Lead market research and analysis, including surfacing data on markets and market segments, the local landscape, and member and community needs assessments.
- Build out our performance & product marketing arm as we continue to grow, owning product positioning and overseeing strategy for marketing both digital and care products.
- Own national strategy and metrics for member acquisition and engagement across multiple lines of business (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Duals).
- Oversee go-to-market (G2M) strategy & execution in new markets, including developing co-marketing strategy with partners, building local brand awareness, and driving member acquisition and engagement.
- Build upon Brand Marketing & Design capabilities:
- Oversee analysis of brand positioning and audience insights; set tone and direction for overall brand and strengthen public presence at the national and local level.
- Lead the development & execution of overall brand strategy and execution to build a strong brand across key areas (e.g., employer brand, tech community, thought leadership in healthcare circles).
- Oversee the creation of brand content and creative assets (e.g., website, video, photography, collateral, ads) and translation to awareness-building campaigns, member engagement initiatives, and G2M strategies.
- Guide PR & corporate communications strategy and activities, including press coverage, podcast/TV appearances, speaking engagements, etc.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 8+ years of experience in Marketing, especially in technology, consumer products, and/or innovative healthcare organizations
- You have an iterative, analytical mindset and significant experience leading direct B2C healthcare and/or consumer marketing efforts
- You embody a growth marketing mindset, thinking creatively about how to best reach and engage key audiences in a high-growth environment
- You have exceptional and demonstrable abilities across:
- Building & leading Marketing teams with diverse capabilities and fostering cross-functional collaboration
- Driving company growth through acquiring new customers and expansion into new areas (of capabilities, geographies, etc. as relevant to prior organizations)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Nice to have: Master's degree in a related field
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.