Head of Community and Partnerships
SendFriend leverages the blockchain to make international consumer payments (remittances) significantly cheaper, faster, and more secure. We share and are motivated by the powerful mission of making consumer finance fairer for migrants in America.
Spun out of MIT, SendFriend is an award-winning venture-backed startup. Our backers include Techstars, 2020 Ventures, Ripple, 8 Decimal Capital, Barclays, MIT Media Lab, the MasterCard Foundation, Mahindra and leading angel investors. At MIT, we were the winner of the MIT Translational Innovation Award for our cutting-edge research on the blockchain.
With roots at The World Bank, MIT, MoneyGram, and Harvard Business School, our founding team came together to put our customers first. SendFriend is headquartered in New York City and is a member of RippleNet. SendFriend has been featured in American Banker, Fortune, CNBC, CoinDesk, Forbes, Seeking Alpha and other publications.
SendFriend is hiring a Head of Community Marketing. You will be responsible for organizing offline events to educate and acquire users through a consultative and educational sales approach. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining close relationships and partnerships with various community organizations in the Filipino-American community, who represent our first customers.
The ideal hire should have deep ties to and knowledge of the Filipino-American community on the East Coast and be comfortable with the financial needs of remittance users. Working closely with the founding team, you will have the opportunity to develop within the company and take significant ownership as we expand our team. If you are a self-starter, passionate, and intellectually curious; with a strong desire to make an impact as a key member of an early-stage startup, apply now. Compensation will be competitive with the potential to earn equity.
- Build relationships and organize a community of users. Manage the content, set-up, data collection, and business development process of community engagement and organizing. You will be a key member of the off-line marketing team, working closely with the founding team to drive acquisition in a rational, data-centric way, using events and leveraging other community organizations
- Own the relationship. Exceed aggressive goals on growth and efficiency by being a relationship-driven marketer. Create content and own communications within our target communities. Show the community that our product can save them money and time, and that we care more than other companies in the space.
- Be a Leader. Develop and communicate ideas for improving strategies, practices and approaches, and lead the successful implementation of those ideas. Work closely with the founding team to develop collective expertise in acquisition and conversion. Define best practices and build on them. Contribute cross-functionally. Build a playbook that can scale to other geographies.
What You Need for this Position
- Amazing interpersonal and communication skills: Great with people and cross-cultural communications. Tagalog and knowledge of the Filipino-American community preferred.
- Highly Creative: Full of ideas to test next. Ability to translate hypotheses into messaging and presentations. Aptitude for learning and using a learning mindset as we develop offline campaigns and content.
- Highly Motivated: Has initiative and takes ownership of assigned tasks, working independently with minimal supervision. Energetic, nimble and highly results-driven. Comfortable operating in a startup and often remotely.
- Team Player: Willingness to contribute across functional areas and interested in problem-solving amidst ambiguity.
- Ideal Background: Passionate business development and marketing person with 3+ years of experience in community building. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Psychology, Economics, or a related field.