Head of Brand & Content Marketing
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, we’re on a mission to help people monetize their knowledge. We believe everyone that pursues a passion or engages a profession earns valuable skills worth sharing. Our team is committed to building powerful tools and resources that make passing on this knowledge simple, meaningful, and rewarding.
Teachable is experiencing an exciting period of growth and we’re looking for an exceptional Head of Brand and Content Marketing to help us write this next chapter. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will lead a team of creative marketers in shaping our brand story, developing impactful content, and expanding our reach with new audiences.
In this role you’ll own content creation and distribution, social development, influencer marketing, and community engagement from strategy through execution. Partnering with cross-functional teams, you’ll develop and use a deep understanding of our product, customers, and goals to launch marketing efforts that span the user journey and drives action.
What you’ll be doing:
- Content Strategy — Play a critical role in defining our brand voice and ideating content concepts that generate awareness, grow affinity with key audiences, and drive quantifiable results.
- Content Development – Drive content production for our social platforms, Teachable platforms, and marketing programs. Work with design, video production, development, photography and other resources to produce what is needed. Partner with team leads to fulfill content needs across marketing campaigns and email programs.
- Content Management– Leverage a holistic understanding of the Teachable roadmap and multi-channel growth strategy to define our editorial calendar, working cross functionally to ensure flawless execution of our marketing efforts.
- Content Distribution — Identify third party sites, communities, press, etc. to engage our target audience via contextually relevant media, content partnerships, or integrations.
- Community Development - Create customer and community marketing strategies that embed the Teachable brand in the mind of our customers and beyond. Oversee programs that engage customers and prospective customers across our target audience.
- Influencer/Partner Relations - Oversee and grow influencer relationships as part of your social media marketing plan to expand Teachable’s reach and recognition.
- End-to-end program management - Own and support campaigns and programs from conception to creative briefs, planning, execution and reporting.
- Define and achieve KPIs including
Natural search rankings of Teachable via SEO content.
Conversion of site visitors through content engagement.
Customer acquisition via content distribution.
Brand engagement across marketing channels (email, social, media, etc.)
- 7 to 10 years experience in editorial and/or creative direction with a focus on digital, social and video content within the consumer technology or closely related industry.
- Self-starter and creative thinker that can energize their team with strategic thought, collaborative spirit, and entrepreneurial drive.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that can be applied to white papers or case studies, e-books, guides, webinars, infographics, short form blog entries, “How To” videos, etc.
- Deep understanding of content performance across multiple channels, including social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), Email, SEO, and Online.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High familiarity of cultural marketing trends in creative, media, digital and social.
- Build consensus across business organizations and with third parties to achieve the brand’s social and content objectives
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description