Growth Marketing Manager
About Great Jones
Great Jones is building modern, full-service, technology-fueled property management for the several trillion(!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors. We are live in our first five markets and are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion to come.
To sum up the opportunity: it’s an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for delivering low-tech, subpar service.
Our digital & operational platform combines the sophistication of a technology company with the personal touch of a local business, rethinking property management from the ground up for performance, efficiency, trust, and delight.
By providing a seamless experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. And in doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
Our founding team has spent over a decade building digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs & Skillshare.
We also know what it means to manage large real estate portfolios at scale -- our head of operations built teams and platforms that oversaw over 10,000 rental homes for some of the country's largest owners of rental real estate.
We are based in Manhattan with local operations teams in our first five markets: Southwest Florida, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis.
We are well-funded by leading global investors including Crosslink Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, Jason Finger, and Dave Eisenberg, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.
Come join our best-in-class team to help us tackle this massive opportunity.
Growth at Great Jones
At the beginning of 2018 we were serving one market in the state of Florida; we ended 2018 serving 4 of Florida’s largest metro areas. As of early 2019, we’ve begun to expand nationally (Indianapolis to start) while continuing to grow revenue rapidly. Our appetite for growth is aggressive and this is where you come in!
In this role you’ll sit in our Growth organization. You’ll partner closely with other teams driving Growth (Sales, Expansion) as well as our Operations teams on the ground delivering local service. You’ll have a clear voice in driving our thinking around customer acquisition and retention strategy. You’ll participate in the development of two marketing playbooks: one national and one hyper-local (expansion).
In this role you should expect to take the marketing work we’ve done to date (good stuff!) with our current team of 2 (great people!) and make it operationally excellent, while rapidly experimenting to add new channels to our marketing playbook. We are an organization that respects data deeply and also believes taking risks to learn from is critical, too.
In this role you’ll be responsible for
- Channel optimization. Actively optimizing our paid marketing channels -- both online channels (ex. SEM, SEO) and offline (ex. Direct Mail).
- New channel experimentation. Lead the experimentation process to unlock new marketing channels. The nature of our business invites traditional and non-traditional channels and we’re eager to get creative in finding the ones that work for us.
- Partnerships. Build out a robust channel partnerships program locally and nationally -- a channel that could be our largest and most cost effective long term.
- On-site conversion. Ideate and execute A/B tests to improve efficiency on our website, focusing on increasing conversion rates on Great Jones landing pages
- Measurement, Analytics, Reporting. Manage all reporting for these channels, to be presented to the executive team on a regular, recurring basis.
7 Reasons Why this Role is Truly Special
- We’re growing rapidly as a company. This is a ground floor opportunity with uncapped growth potential for you professionally. Fast-track career opportunities abound for top-performers.
- This is not simply a number crunching role -- expect to contribute to our growth with deep strategic rigor
- The marketing foundation we’ve built to date is working -- we’re acquiring more customers m/m with declining CAC. This is rare!
- And yet we still have a ton of work to do -- we want to 3x our channel mix by end of year. You will learn a ton.
- Our marketing is executed both hyper locally and on a national scale, this is a rare opportunity to work across both.
- Our customer base is an interesting mix of B2C with an SMB/ B2B flavor.
- Our team is truly GREAT -- a mix of storied Real Estate pros and successful startup entrepreneurs. Meet us to find out more!
- 2+ years experience owning paid and unpaid acquisition channels at a high-growth startup
- Experience with Google AdWords specifically
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Mathematics, Economics, or other quantitative fields
- Proven track record of success in goal attainment
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary and equity, commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited paid time off policy