Metric Digital powers marketing for the best, most disruptive direct to consumer brands in the world. We’ve helped companies drive sustainable growth that helped fuel their acquisition, IPO, or next funding round, such as Canada Goose (IPO), Bonobos (Acquired), Hired.com (Series C). Many of our clients are on the IAB 250 list, like JackThreads, Mack Weldon, Hint Water and Nature Box.
We’ve grown from a team of ~5 to a team of ~30 in the last two and a half years, and are looking for leaders to help us continue on our growth trajectory. We also recently published our first book, Badvertising, which uncovers shady practices in the digital marketing industry and helps brand executives avoid them.
About the Role:
Metric Digital is currently hiring for an Email Marketing Manager in our New York City office. The candidate will be client-facing and will work with the email marketing team to successfully guide clients through the end-to-end process of making world-class B2C email marketing programs.
Email marketing is a newer discipline at Metric Digital, but the team is seasoned and has worked across many verticals. Our clients work in a variety of ESPs (Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Bronto, Dotmailer, and Zaius, just to name a few). They’re learning to be focused on LTV as an important metric. Getting their users to convert early and often is very important, and retaining users is becoming a larger focus every day. We want to help our clients send the right email, to the right person, at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting: The backbone of any good digital marketing program is reporting, and you’ll help build and maintain it. You should have a good working knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets. You should be able to write basic formulas, make pivot tables, and build visuals that will aid in decision making.
- Email Setup: Our clients send email, and we help them set up that email. You should be comfortable using a WYSIWYG tool to build emails. Bonus points if you have some experience with HTML. If you don’t know, we’ll teach you.
- Segmentation: We help our clients choose the audiences they send email to, and you’ll participate in this process. We use segmentation tools in a variety of platforms. Bonus points if you’ve used SQL before to run queries on databases.
- Testing: The foundation of a good program involves testing to find the right ways to do the right things. You should have a good grasp of what makes a good test and how to implement it.
The service we offer to our clients includes:
-Creation of one-off and automated emails (HTML, WYSIWYG Editors)
-Automated Flow Setup-Segmentation
-Testing ideation and implementation
If you’re just breaking into digital marketing and want to learn more about how to become a great email marketer, this is the role for you. If you have experience in email marketing, all the better. Our team is growing fast and we want to bring bright minds to the table.
Who we’re looking for:
-3+ years of experience working in email marketing
-You love marketing email and have a few secret crushes on great email marketing programs
-You thrive on the success of your clients’ programs
-You want to collaborate with other members of a team to execute strategies across multiple channels
-You have analytical skills that will enable you to create, monitor, analyze and deliver reporting on the results of all email marketing programs in an effort to identify which strategies drive the goals of your clients
Benefits of working at Metric Digital
• Competitive salary + bonuses
• Flexible (unlimited) vacation and remote work policy
• Great medical & dental coverage (and we cover 100% of the premiums) plus free membership in ONE Medical
• Pre-tax benefits (like transit benefits)
• Collaborative, casual office environment full of smart people who like solving problems. As a Metric Collective company, we share our office with ~ 30 other smart, fun, entrepreneurial people
• Responsibility and ownership from day 1
• Fully stocked snack situation
• Awesome company trips