Email Marketing Manager
The Email Marketing Manager is a critical leader on the Ecommerce Team, responsible for the planning, execution, testing & reporting of all email marketing campaigns—including both a dynamic Daily Newsletter and a growing number of behavioral triggers—in partnership with several cross-functional partners in Creative, Editorial, Technology & Buying, as well as outside vendors like our Email Service Provider (ESP). Additionally, the Email Marketing Manager will be lead the project management of new email initiatives, including elements of personalization.
- Develop and manage daily and triggered email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including concept development and content planning, audience segmentation and targeting, set-up, deployment, reporting and ongoing testing and optimization.
- Own the cross-functional email content calendar and coordinate across departments including Creative, Editorial, Buying and Site Merchandising to ensure all email content and on-site clickthrough experiences are prepared for daily deployment
- Develop close working partnership with Email Service Provider and in-house Technology team to help lead progress on departmental goals for email optimization, including HTML template enhancements, mobile optimization, data-driven personalization and recommendations, and more.
- Work closely with Marketing Analytics team to both report on and learn from email performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure campaigns are meeting customer engagement metrics and revenue goals, and developing new ideas for testing and improvement across creative concepts, audience targeting and A/B testing.
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce or digital marketing, preferably in fashion/luxury
- 2+ years direct email marketing experience, including strategy, implementation, analytics and reporting
- Hands on experience working with an ESP (Oracle Responsys preferred), knowledge of email marketing best practices, and ability to learn technical systems and in-house tools quickly
- Technological acumen, including basic knowledge of HTML and a comfort-level with the application of data, strongly preferred
- Relentless attention to detail, strong organization skills, cross-functional project management leadership abilities and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, nimble, rapidly changing work environment
- Highly motivated with ability to thrive in a fluid and demanding environment and the willingness to take on projects and responsibilities outside the specifics of job description
- Knowledge and love of the fashion industry a plus
- Baseline knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills