About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re looking for an established SEO leader who will be responsible for the strategic direction of our most impactful channel for user acquisition and activation. You will work closely with SEO product managers & marketing to understand the current program and create a short term and long term road map to deliver against our aggressive growth targets.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help develop our strategy for all things SEO across our portfolio of online properties(Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, Allmenus, Menupages, and Tapingo)
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, design, operations and marketing teams to execute the SEO strategy
- Deeply understand SEO metrics for success and the levers for making an impact
- Build a reporting framework to monitor search engine rankings, traffic generation, and track performance against goals
- Develop a methodology for experimenting with SEO tactics to better understand search engine algorithms and improve the ranking of our properties
- Identify growth opportunities based on keyword research, data analysis, user experience research, and your knowledge of SEO
- Develop a plan for SEO content; identifying ways to improve existing content and spot new content opportunities
- Evangelize SEO across the organization and clearly communicate strategies and priorities
You Should Have
- 10+ years experience focused on search engine optimization
- Have expert level knowledge of technical and content related SEO strategies
- Have experience in link building, content generation & conversion optimization
- Have the ability to analyze complex business problems effectively and work cross-functionally to communicate and prioritize solutions
- Have a proven track record for successfully improving SEO presence for large ecommerce brands (>5M pages)
- Have experience using a pre-rendering platform
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects based on growth opportunity & level of effort. Assess trade-offs of spending time on one task over another
- Experience in a multi channel ecommerce growth organization is preferred with knowledge offline and online channel interactions
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.