Director, Public Policy Communications
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
This position, which can be based in San Francisco, New York, or Washington, DC, will report to the Vice President of Communications and closely coordinate with our Legal, Marketing, and Finance teams. This role is for a builder-at-heart and we’re looking for someone who is hungry to put their stamp on our organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Conceptualize, execute, and represent Grubhub’s legislative and regulatory programs across federal, state, and local levels of government.
- Foster positive relationships with business and government leaders, as well as well as other constituencies important to our business.
- Act as Grubhub’s representative in all legislative and policy meetings, hearings, and other events.
- Spearhead and own all industry and coalition relationships.
- Hire and manage external policy consultants.
- When appropriate, act as an external spokesperson for Grubhub.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related concentration; MBA preferred but not necessary
- At least 8 years of experience serving in government, industry coalitions, and/or policy communications
- Direct policy experience, particularly with marketplace-based organizations
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience operating cross-functionally in an organization, creating consensus and putting in motion action plans
- Top notch public speaking and writing ability
- Results-driven approach at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Positive energy on a daily basis is a must
- Must be willing to travel as needed
Got these? Even better.
- Experience working for, or with, a technology company a big plus
- Experience with media relations, and with using data to create compelling narratives
- Being a foodie is a plus, too
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.