Director, Product Marketing
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about understanding developer needs and simply showing them how DigitalOcean can help.
We are looking for a smart, seasoned, and proficient product marketing leader to help us evolve and grow this function. You will report to the CMO, and to achieve success you will work cross-functionally with the product, marketing, sales and leadership teams to clearly and simply communicate the benefits of DigitalOcean’s expanding product portfolio to developers, small business decision makers and partners around the world. You will own and drive the overall plans around go-to-market, messaging, positioning, sales enablement and strategic partnerships.
Location & Travel:
Remote working is an option. Working from one of our offices in New York, NY, Cambridge, MA, San Francisco, CA, or Delray Beach, FL is a plus. If remote, you must be able to work effectively and seamlessly from home. You must also be able to travel to our offices, or to a conference, or to visit with customers and partners about 2 times per month for 2-3 day long trips.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Connect market and customer data to draw insights to effectively market our growing product portfolio
- Inform product design with your knowledge of the market opportunities and competitive landscape for cloud products and services
- As we continue to expand our products and addressable market:
- Develop a comprehensive product marketing strategy for our portfolio
- Develop product positioning and messaging
- Help inform and drive product pricing and packaging
- Oversee and manage execution of global, multi-channel Go-To-Market campaigns throughout their lifecycles
- Direct and develop product-specific content that showcases a compelling and differentiated story around simplicity to help drive revenue growth through solutions marketing, online workshops, blogs, customer stories, and presentations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure growth in awareness, adoption/usage and revenue is delivered to meet and beat company goals
- Manage and help grow the product marketing team and its influence around the organization
- Direct interaction with the DigitalOcean leadership team
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Track record of success in marketing to developers, startups, and digital businesses in a product marketing or product management role
- Demonstrated ability to build trust, collaborate well, and influence up and cross-functionally
- Well equipped to balance quantitative evidence and qualitative factors to quickly test and learn, but with ability to make decisions with uncertainty or imperfect data
- Strong advocate of the customers’ point of view and requirements
- Demonstrated team leadership, organizational and collaborative communication skills
- Strong track record of thriving in a highly energetic, fast moving environment
- Experience in app development and cloud computing is a major plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills - highly adept a telling stories that turn the technical or complex into simple and differentiated solutions
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure products and services, ideally marketing developer-focused products, such as PaaS, IaaS, developer tools or platforms
- Demonstrable experience talking with developers in their own language
- Expertise developing business and technical product positioning for multiple personas
- Success in leading, building and mentoring a team
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and learn new technologies
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- MBA is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!