Director, Performance Marketing
Paperless Post, the leading invitation platform, is seeking a Director of Growth Marketing. In this role you’ll be responsible for deploying highly targeted and carefully measured digital marketing efforts across channels to acquire new senders and engage our existing network of 100M users. You will be responsible for the holistic performance of our email, paid search,SEO, display and affiliate marketing channels. You will partner closely with the other Growth team leads on creative segmentation strategies and fast-paced evaluation of ROI, LTV and CAC.
This role reports to the Chief Growth Officer and currently manages a team of two in-house marketers.
What you’ll do here
- Own the channel-level strategy of our digital marketing program, ensuring we have reliable tracking, reporting and best practices in place for all paid marketing channels and email
- Set performance goals and benchmarks by channel
- Grow engagement from email marketing while maintaining good list hygiene, a consistent email cadence and a strong segmentation strategy.
- Manage in-house marketers and external consultants to maximize value from paid channels, owning CAC calculation and partnering on LTV calculations
- Utilize an intelligent "test-and-learn" approach to campaigns and use insights to hone strategy
- Partner with Growth, Brand, Content and Product teams to seamlessly incorporate cross-functional releases into our marketing channels.
- 7+ years experience developing and executing data-driven digital marketing strategies, along with end-to-end performance and business impact reporting
- Previous ownership of email marketing, having managed both campaigns and triggered communications; experience with Sailthru is a great plus
- Strong understanding and experience implementing SEO best practices
- Experience managing SEM, display retargeting, social media, and content marketing programs
- Robust knowledge of online marketing and CRM best practices, and fluency with analytical methodologies for testing, optimizing, and evaluating customer campaigns
- Strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally to accommodate the marketing needs of partner teams such
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other online analytical tools to report performance metrics
A little about the team
The Growth Team is a business unit dedicated to our growth strategy and execution. It is a group of marketers, strategists, analysts and creatives that is obsessed with growth and owns our consumer strategy (which users we’re targeting), our brand strategy (what we stand for in the market), our marketing strategy (how we drive users to our products) and our growth model (the data behind how we grow). The Growth Team is in the unique position of getting to work with every team in the company -- from product and engineering to content designers, data analysts and senior leadership.
Life at Paperless Post
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!