Director, Media Relations
WW is a global wellness company and the world's leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face group meetings, members follow our livable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. With more than five decades of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioral science, we aim to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com
As Director, Media Relations, you will be responsible for the ongoing execution of the Consumer Public Relations strategy as it comes to life with external stakeholders. This high-visibility and strategically important role will use and develop your ability to create and deliver communications strategies and programs to position WW as a thought leader and articulate the change journey for the brand.
You will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer and partner with C-Level executives and PR leads globally.
- Develop and lead external media relations strategy and plan to help the organization fulfill our Impact Manifesto
- Identify opportunities and mitigate risks to build and protect the corporate reputation across a range of stakeholders
- Manage reactive media inquiries by vetting, providing a recommended approach, developing necessary materials (e.g. press releases, statements, Q&A, etc.), and liaising with journalists and executives
- Manage proactive media opportunities by identifying, providing a recommended approach, developing necessary materials (e.g. pitch, messaging, visual/experiential support, etc.), and liaising with journalists and executives
- Anticipate and prepare for issues and opportunities
- Lead reporting and analysis of results
- Create success metrics and use fact-based methods in order to evaluate and improve communications
- 10+ years of communications and public relations experience including for global projects or organizations
- Experience leading communications for brands/companies undergoing transformation and growth
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proven media relationships within the consumer press including health, wellness, lifestyle and tech innovation
- Creativity- and technology-forward in discovering and trying new platforms for communicating and amplifying messages
- Superior communication skills with a talent for storytelling in a brand-led organization
- Ability to manage change and shift gears comfortably
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead external and internal partners to ideate strategically and execute quickly, effectively and consistently in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills; proven research skills to gather data, best practices, and points of view to ensure sound judgment
- Superior collaborative working abilities and experience; ability to manage multiple projects, with proven ability to assess competing priorities in a high energy, fast paced environment in geographically dispersed organization
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Business or similar area required
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.