Director of Marketing
Greater NYC Area
At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us — we love hearing everyday how what we're working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning — join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Marketing will be the operational leader of the Abacus marketing team, owning the strategy development and execution for Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Brand Marketing and Product Marketing. We’re looking for a strong operational leader who loves establishing collaborative processes and keeping everyone on track; a do-er who can take a big picture vision and ensure that it gets executed.
We’re looking for someone who is fluent in our tech stack (Marketo, Salesforce, etc.), but most importantly, understands how all of the functions of marketing work together to accomplish our goals. Abacus is in high-growth mode — we need someone who can keep an eye on the big picture and manage a lot of fast moving tactics.
What will you do at Abacus?
- Manage the Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Product Marketing teams
- Serve as the team’s operational leader, and keep everyone on track and progressing against our key goals
- Collaborate closely with the VP of Marketing on the broader marketing strategy
- Optimize and execute on our ABM strategy
- Manage the tech stack
- Campaign and ROI tracking across Marketo, Salesforce, GA, etc.
- Creating optimization strategies for nurture streams, segmentation, and data enhancement
- Work closely with the sales team and continue to build a strong working relationship between the teams
- Serve as a strategic liaison between various departments such as sales, customer success, product and engineering
- Develop a deep understanding of targeted accounts, buyers, pain points and value propositions
- Define targets and metrics to measure success for all initiatives, as well as forecast longer-term targets for marketing contribution to pipeline and revenue
Who you are:
- You're able to adapt in a fast-paced environment. We are in high-growth mode, which comes with many opportunities, but also challenges. You’ll need to roll-up your sleeves and move quickly, while ensuring high quality
- You understand the power of great content, and are excited to help us create stories and resources that help our prospects and customers at every stage of the customer journey
- You're extremely organized and love establishing efficient processes
- You understand the individual goals and metrics for each business unit and can merge them into your campaign plans
- You're a strong, nurturing manager who can push a talented, ambitious team
- You're an empathetic team player with a positive attitude
- You're resourceful — you can ball on a budget
- 5+ years of experience in growth marketing, preferably with a diverse skill set that can be utilized to scale and adapt as our sales team expands
- Strong knowledge of Marketo and Salesforce reporting and measurement, as well as more tactical understanding of lead routing and sensibilities around lead scoring
- Strong background in demand generation and growth marketing for a B2B SaaS company preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel: 20%+
This position is a great opportunity to continue shaping the Marketing team at Abacus. There will be a lot of room for learning and growth. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a resume and a cover letter along with anything else that would help us to get to know you better.
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to our values at Abacus. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Read Full Job Description