Director, Marketing Analytics
Greater NYC Area
Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If
helping build a brand that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
The Marketing Analytics Director will be primarily focus on leading efforts to measure and maximize the impact of marketing at Freshly. The role entails laying down the vision, strategy & roadmap, building & managing a team of analysts who are constantly monitoring, analyzing and optimizing every marketing dollar spent, as well as building dashboards & establishing systems & processes for the function.
The Director of Marketing Analytics will have an eye on brand growth, growth of the user base, and channel performance across acquisition & retention.
- Analyze effectiveness of all marketing campaigns
- Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide insight and recommendations to decision-makers.
- Conduct regular reporting on business KPIs, and apply a deep knowledge to provide recommendations and help steer the marketing organization
- Construct forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs.
- Produce insights for decision making using various analysis and visualization tools (e.g. SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau, Python, Google Sheets, MS Excel).
- Work hand in hand with data scientists, engineers and other data professionals to show the impact of data products.
- Build performance reports and dashboards (e.g. Tableau) to be used across several marketing teams
- Provide guidance and consultation on measurement of marketing initiatives
- Analyze the results of marketing campaigns and recommend optimizations to improve performance
- 10+ years of experience.
- 4+ years of experience leading a Marketing Analytics function within a brand or agency.
- Understands how to measure the "growth of the brand", "growth of the user base", how to measure the true incrementality of marketing, and how to connect the brand growth with performance marketing growth.
- Must have a point of view on how data drives marketing strategy, spending and how marketing analytics connects back with consumer insights, segmentation, on platform and off platform behavior.
- Deep understanding of marketing analytics platforms (DMP, DSP, CDP, Ad Servers, etc.).
- Strong technical capabilities with SQL, data warehouses, ETL processes, and data integration tools.
- Experience with algorithmic bidding tools.
- R, Python skills would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or a related field. (Master’s degree or a PhD would be a major plus)
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly,
Putting Healthy Food On The Menu Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly -
WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description