Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York that is poised to disrupt the way we learn.
Millennials are highly-educated, tech-literate, and mission-driven. Yet seven years after the great recession ended, nearly half of young university grads are underemployed, meaning they aren’t working jobs that require a degree. And the situation has only recently begun to improve. This year US students will graduate with $37,000 in debt, only to accept unpaid internships and part-time jobs.
Meanwhile, software is eating the world, disrupting first media, publishing, and entertainment, and now food, transportation, and travel, creating millions of new technology jobs that companies are eager to fill. By 2020 there will be a shortage of 1 million more tech jobs than computer science grads.
We can be the bridge.
We can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers. Join us.
Are you a quantitative marketer who wants to impact millions of people on the regular? Are you a geek who has tried learning to code on your own? In this role you'll exercise your full range of strategic, analytical, and creative skills to help thousands of learners every day.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead Codecademy's paid advertising efforts and contribute to everything growth-related
- Collaborate closely with Codecademy's executive team to set company growth targets, define attribution model, and measure results
- Build and grow a team
- Partner with product and product marketing teams to optimize on-site conversion and user retention
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our processes and methodology
- Strive for analytical excellence maximizing return and increasing efficiency
- At least 7 years of user acquisition and digital consumer marketing experience with a focus on developing / optimizing marketing programs
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with SQL
- At Codecademy, an interest in learning to code is required
- Experience at medium- or late-stage startups
- Experience in freemium online services or consumer SaaS businesses
- Experience with BI tools like Looker
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.