Director, Growth Marketing
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
We’re looking for a Director, Growth Marketing to lead the 360-marketing measurement and growth marketing strategy for RTR. Our ideal candidate is extremely analytical, fearlessly creative, and is known for their hustle and ability to execute against all odds.
Lead marketing measurement and strategy for RTR:
- Define and track key marketing KPIs across all Owned, Earned and Paid channels
- Lead weekly, monthly and quarterly marketing reporting and analysis, ensuring that all teams have transparency into marketing performance and understand our key drivers of growth
- Lead funnel optimization, understanding traffic drivers, conversion patterns and efficiency by channel
- Lead marketing budget and ROI analysis, defining attribution, CAC, LTV and optimization opportunities by channel, including:
- Paid media channels (SEM and Facebook)
- Influencer/Ambassador channels
- Owned website traffic and conversion patterns
- Email and Push
- Build robust A/B testing experiments to optimize budget, traffic and conversion rates at all stages of the funnel
Prioritize marketing opportunities that will have the largest revenue impact on the business, setting monthly areas of focus and defining 360-marketing strategy:
- Model projections by channel and track progress against revenue / subscriber goals
- Based on business strategy, build marketing briefs and define strategy across all Owned, Earned and Paid Channels. Define Digital Ambassador strategy, bringing operational infrastructure, measurement rigor and scale to the program
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to help manage integrated 360-marketing process to ensure Paid (FB/IG, pinterest, SEM, etc), Earned (influencer, PR, partnerships) & Owned (experiential, blog, organic social, email) efforts work together towards our key business priorities
- Manage marketing budget across all marketing teams
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 years of experience in growth marketing, media and analytics.
- Obsessed with analytics: You are very strong at financial modelling. You can’t wait to spend your afternoon figuring out how to drive down CAC, increase LTV, and dig deep into the data to tell impactful stories, make decisions and align executive stakeholders around your vision.
- Fearlessly creative: You are known as a problem solver. Faced with a seemingly impossible task, you’re known for coming up with radical, creative ideas for hitting your goals. You’re creative in the way you look at data, in the way you apply it tactically, and how you think about our long-term strategic vision.
- Think strategically, act tactically: You set broader strategic goals, and are able to break down the tactical execution and steps that need to be taken in order to achieve your goals. You get it done and have fun while doing it. You’re resourceful -- you know how to take a small budget and make it go far
- Cross-functional collaborator: You work across teams seamlessly. You know how to rally people around a vision to get things done. Your colleagues love working with you -- you have an innate ability to move projects forward quickly, stay on top of details, and make people (at all levels) feel valued, respected and heard.
- Self-starter: You have ownership over your domain, you are able to set a vision and drive process forward, you push the envelope to bring new ideas to life and challenge the status quo. You can build strategy and execute soup-to-nuts. No job is too small or too big.