Director, Growth Marketing
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
We’re looking for a Director, Growth Marketing to lead the 360-marketing measurement and growth marketing strategy for RTR. Our ideal candidate is extremely analytical, fearlessly creative, and is known for their hustle and ability to execute against all odds.
Lead marketing measurement and strategy for RTR:
- Define and track key marketing KPIs across all Owned, Earned and Paid channels
- Lead weekly, monthly and quarterly marketing reporting and analysis, ensuring that all teams have transparency into marketing performance and understand our key drivers of growth
- Lead funnel optimization, understanding traffic drivers, conversion patterns and efficiency by channel
- Lead marketing budget and ROI analysis, defining attribution, CAC, LTV and optimization opportunities by channel, including:
- Paid media channels (SEM and Facebook)
- Influencer/Ambassador channels
- Owned website traffic and conversion patterns
- Email and Push
- Build robust A/B testing experiments to optimize budget, traffic and conversion rates at all stages of the funnel
Prioritize marketing opportunities that will have the largest revenue impact on the business, setting monthly areas of focus and defining 360-marketing strategy:
- Model projections by channel and track progress against revenue / subscriber goals
- Based on business strategy, build marketing briefs and define strategy across all Owned, Earned and Paid Channels. Define Digital Ambassador strategy, bringing operational infrastructure, measurement rigor and scale to the program
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to help manage integrated 360-marketing process to ensure Paid (FB/IG, pinterest, SEM, etc), Earned (influencer, PR, partnerships) & Owned (experiential, blog, organic social, email) efforts work together towards our key business priorities
- Manage marketing budget across all marketing teams
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 years of experience in growth marketing, media and analytics.
- Obsessed with analytics: You are very strong at financial modelling. You can’t wait to spend your afternoon figuring out how to drive down CAC, increase LTV, and dig deep into the data to tell impactful stories, make decisions and align executive stakeholders around your vision.
- Fearlessly creative: You are known as a problem solver. Faced with a seemingly impossible task, you’re known for coming up with radical, creative ideas for hitting your goals. You’re creative in the way you look at data, in the way you apply it tactically, and how you think about our long-term strategic vision.
- Think strategically, act tactically: You set broader strategic goals, and are able to break down the tactical execution and steps that need to be taken in order to achieve your goals. You get it done and have fun while doing it. You’re resourceful -- you know how to take a small budget and make it go far
- Cross-functional collaborator: You work across teams seamlessly. You know how to rally people around a vision to get things done. Your colleagues love working with you -- you have an innate ability to move projects forward quickly, stay on top of details, and make people (at all levels) feel valued, respected and heard.
- Self-starter: You have ownership over your domain, you are able to set a vision and drive process forward, you push the envelope to bring new ideas to life and challenge the status quo. You can build strategy and execute soup-to-nuts. No job is too small or too big.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.