Director of Communications
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Director of Communications to join our rapidly growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee media relations and act as day-to-day company spokesperson for both local and national media
- Develop and execute executive communications plans and materials, including internal communications and external thought leadership.
- Develop and execute annual strategic communications plan
- Plan and execute employee all hands and town hall meetings
- Draft press releases and all-employee communications
- Manage Tempus’ digital social media platforms
- Daily interaction with the CEO and broader leadership team
- Collaborate with marketing and brand teams
- 10 years of experience in either public relations, media relations and/or corporate communications
- BA in communications or journalism
- Deep expertise in public relations and media relations with at least 3-5 years of experience in a public relations agency
- Exceptional writing skills
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- Demonstrates confidence and has a strong executive presence
- Corporate communications experience preferred, either in a startup environment or larger company.
- Digital social communications expertise a plus