Director, Brand and Communications
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing, this person will be responsible for branding, content, external communications, press relations and social channel engagement with the HR community for Namely.
They will drive Namely's brand strategy, staying true to the positioning and strategy, creating compelling content and delivering innovative creative executions. Their brand building efforts will build off of Namely’s reputation in the industry but will also extend the brand awareness with new levels of value proposition in the marketplace. They will be responsible for implementing innovative messaging and creative concepts of Namely’s strategy and value proposition across earned, owned and social channels. They will also create mechanisms for measurement of communications campaigns, content marketing and creative assets.
- Own and Lead Namely’s brand identity, define and develop it, ensure consistency across all marketing channels and campaigns
- Be a key advocate and guardian of the brand
- Effectively articulate the essence of the brand and the way all the brand elements work together through color, imagery, graphic design, iconography & messaging
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to understand and drive businesses initiatives through brand storytelling
- Provide inspiring creative leadership for all marketing and brand partners
- Concept and develop inspiring and creative ideas throughout the marketing funnel
- Foster a culture of creativity by leading collaborative efforts and inspiring the creative team to deliver the best brand experiences
- Manage a team to produce compelling, best-in-class content that takes a wide range of forms (blogs, webinars, videos, ebooks, etc.)
- Manage Namely’s global communications
- Work with VP of Corporate Marketing and teams to develop executive PoVs and thought leadership areas of expertise
- Craft compelling narratives that articulate differentiated value propositions and drive excitement for Namely across the technology and business press
- Build deep relationships with the media, and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers
- Work closely across marketing and cross-functional teams, and the external PR agency to support product and corporate goals and oversee proactive and reactive communications campaigns
- Work in-tandem with demand generation team on media-focused elements connected to lead-gen campaigns
- Drive communications plan development including preparation of strategic communications documents, talking points, Q&As, rollout plans and media backgrounders, etc.
- 12+ years of branding and communications leadership ideally, from a software platform that services multiple functional verticals and industries
- Demonstrated success positioning a brand through creative and content marketing
- Experience in media, corporate communication and/or agency backgrounds are added advantages
- Experience developing and managing people
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.