Director of Acquisition
The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and unhealthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he teamed up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
The Farmer's Dog is hiring a proven, data-driven marketer to oversee all acquisition efforts. We are growing quickly and are looking for someone to drive the growth strategy across all channels while focusing on maintaining a healthy CAC .
Our team is lean and results-driven, providing the perfect opportunity to build out and manage a group dedicated to growing an industry-changing business. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy getting your hands dirty occasionally, but focus your energy on running a world-class growth engine within a fast-paced organization.
- Manage all facets of acquiring new customers across both paid and organic channels
- Work with the CEO to forecast and budget based on our growth goals
- Responsibility for setting and executing against growth KPIs
- Manage third party vendors and measure ROI vs in-house alternatives
- Drive new initiatives and explore untapped channels, all while maintaining a focus on growth and efficiency metrics
- Build on our referral marketing to empower our customers to share The Farmer's Dog
- Interface with product and retention to pass off customers into the onboarding and retention funnels to mitigate churn
- Work closely with Operations and Finance to properly forecast growth metrics for demand and financial planning
- Continue to redefine how we speak about The Farmer's Dog and empower our customers to be our most passionate advocates
- 5+ years of experience acquiring customers for digitally native brands
- An exceptional understanding of digital marketing and e-commerce as well as retail exposure
- A proven record of scaling marketing efforts to multi-million dollar budgets with extreme efficiency
- Experience building out and managing a marketing function within a fast-growing, tech company
- Ability to take a data-driven approach to test and capitalize on new marketing channels
- Occasionally getting your hands dirty as we grow (even if it means cleaning up after the dogs)
- A mission-driven mindset and a passion for fixing a broken industry for pets across the world
- You must: play nicely with others (humans and dogs). Prefer dogs to other species.
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies