Digital Communications Specialist
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Digital Communications Specialist
Gemini’s mission is to Build a Bridge to the Future of Money, and the role of the Digital Communications Specialist is to strategically evangelize that mission across all of Gemini’s digital channels. We’re looking for a hungry, collaborative, and proactive digital comms specialist who can skillfully share news in 280 characters or less with a passion to tell stories via photos, videos, and emerging media. This is more than channel management, you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo and bring innovative solutions to communications problems. You will collaborate with stakeholders from Communications, Marketing, Design, and Product to build an omni-channel initiative to craft and curate content for strategic social engagement across all Gemini’s social platforms.
- Build multi-channel, digital (email, social, media) campaigns from scratch; utilize data to measure success and iterate accordingly
- Partner with internal teams across Marketing, Design, and Product to build robust campaigns that are optimized for the digital landscape
- Provide daily social media monitoring and response, including for issues and crises as well as for proactive campaigns
- Schedule, publish, and monitor content across our social media platforms
- Create and manage a social media content calendar that summarizes weekly activity
- Interact with our community on our social platforms and encourage educational conversations
- Build and create videos and images that help increase our brand awareness
- Experience with utilizing publishing, analytics and listening tools to help content creation and engagement
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly reports providing details on Gemini’s social growth
- Work with the Social Media Customer Support Associate to streamline customer inquiries
- Monitor and manage Gemini’s reputation across multiple platforms including Facebook, Yelp, Google+, etc.
- Support Head of Communications in ad hoc project work and requests; flex into PR work as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years in a digital communications role (agency or in-house)
- Proven excellence in writing and style
- Experience building and iterating on digital communications strategy specific to financial services, technology, or management consulting industries
- Proven ability to work with and build trusted relationships with internal teams successfully
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Proficient with social media platforms with heavy emphasis on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Reddit
- Experience utilizing Hootsuite, Bitly, Sprout Social, TweetDeck, Photoshop, or InDesign platforms
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated excellence in internal project management, organizational planning and operational excellence
- Experience building digital campaigns from conception to launch
- Genuine passion for disruptive technology
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events