Developer Advocate: Hatch
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building and engaging communities of developers and excited to work with founders of startups.
Reporting to the Manager, Developer Relations, your primary role will be to understand DigitalOcean’s community of more than 3.5 million developers and drive engagement with the community in meaningful ways. As a Developer Advocate focused on Hatch, our global startup program, you will be responsible for building relationships with the developer community and startup founders to increase platform adoption and customer growth through evangelism, community engagement, and product marketing. You will help developers through hands-on interactions, share knowledge through educational programs, foster new connections and inspire ideas through events, code, and office hours. You will relay developer feedback from the community directly to the DigitalOcean product team, which will inform our product roadmap and ultimately benefit customers. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about the open source developer community and have an intimate understanding and capacity to empathize with the unique experiences and challenges of startup founders.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Represent DigitalOcean to the greater developer community through in-person engagement and online content.
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor in meetings with founders of startups and their teams to discuss their current technical needs and future growth plans.
- Leverage your breadth of technical knowledge to prepare and deliver talks/workshops/webinars to developer communities around the world.
- Collaborate directly with product and marketing teams to share developer feedback and shape how we build and market products.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- You're a highly motivated self-starter always looking for the next thing to throw your heart and mind into. You can own and drive initiatives with little to no guidance or direction.
- Hunger for learning and a mantra of "right tool right job". You're on top of the latest and greatest but still have opinions and preferences on what you reach for.
- The ability to convey your technical credibility while remaining humble.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a knack for breaking down complicated concepts into digestible explanations.
- Flexibility with work and travel schedules.
- Genuine love for startups and empathy for their founders: You are familiar yet still curious about entrepreneurship and are excited about building community within the startup ecosystem.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!