WW is a global wellness company and the world's leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face Workshops, members follow our liveable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity, and positive mindset. With more than 50 years of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioral science, we aim to deliver wellness for all.
The Copy Chief (Editor) role will be focused on the accuracy of content at WW. This role will partner with Edit, Design, Production, Science, Legal and Marketing teams to develop and maintain an in-house copy style guide and ensure quality and accuracy across all our content and platforms including bookazines, cookbooks, email, marketing and digital. The Copy Chief will also manage a stable of freelancers.
- Copy, Edit and proofread print and digital communications, including but not limited to quarterly Bookazine, Cookbooks, Signage, Social Media and in-Studio material for clarity and accuracy
- Review various projects at all stages of the production process, from copy development to layout to final proof and post-production.
- Create and maintain a Style Guide
- Collaborate with Managing Editor on schedules and deadlines as well as trafficking proofs
- Light fact-checking as needed
- Hire and oversee freelance proofreaders and copyeditors as needed
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or English
- 5 years relevant professional work experience
- Current WW Members strongly preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with major style guides
- Experience working in a CMS
- Recipe edit experience strongly preferred·
- Familiarity with fact checking protocols
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.