Content Marketing Manager
Smartling is seeking a passionate, creative and highly motivated writer to join our Content Marketing team. From conception through completion, this content marketer should have a self-starter attitude, and the skill set to write advertising copy, blogs, company overviews, white papers, website content and more. This candidate will become a key ingredient to the company’s efforts to expand Smartling’s digital footprint, brand/category awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
The Content Marketing Manager will make sure that Smartling’s value proposition is communicated clearly and comprehensively to customers and prospects, and the industry in general through various media outlets.
The Content Marketing Manager will write engaging, compelling, clear and dynamic content for our target audiences. They will ensure that content adheres to high standards for accuracy, message consistency, SEO and usability.
This is a great opportunity for a results-driven, creative marketing professional with an extensive writing background, marketing communications experience and a track record of increasing responsibility and impact in a high tech, B2B environment.
Tasks at Hands
- Create traditional and multimedia content for web pages, lead generation and thought leadership, including website copy, blog posts, ebooks, case studies, articles for general and trade publications, and video scripts.
- Design and develop copy for marketing campaigns and sales enablement including email copy, datasheets, and case studies.
- Develop relationships with internal and external subject matter experts and work with them as resources for the above deliverables.
- Work with graphic designers and project managers to ensure completion of above deliverables.
*** To apply please provide 3-4 writing samples ***
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related discipline.
- 3+ years in marketing communications, copywriting or equivalent role.
- Demonstrated experience applying the fundamentals of grammar, syntax, style and punctuation; meticulous copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to quickly develop a strong understanding of markets and customer needs, using that insight to develop lead generation copy and sales enablement tools.
- Highly skilled and familiarized with SEO principles.
- Ability to keep up and be proactive in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated focus on execution – on time and on budget.
- Experience developing and maintaining content for social media channels.
Nice to Have
- Experience working as a provider or manager of translation and/or localization.
- Familiarity with Translation Management Systems and Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) Tools.
- Familiarity or proficiency in multiple languages.
- Proficiency or familiarity with Contentful and HubSpot.
- Entrepreneurial - a self starter with an optimistic “outside the box” approach to writing who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A Leader - proactive and use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer Focused – passionate for client success at all times.
- Methodical - Well Organized with attention to detail.
- Goal oriented - Comfortable delivering excellent results over tight deadlines.
What matters to Smartling?
Two things - our clients and you. We believe that work is one of the most important parts of our lives, therefore we believe in a winning culture and great benefits:
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.