Consulting Services Consultant
Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-2085 Consulting Services Consultant (Open)
Consulting Services Consultant
Marketers can’t hide behind old-school metrics and gut feel any longer. The best ones are marrying technology, data, and strategic expertise to make the right marketing investments. That’s where Neustar comes in.
Neustar is looking for talented marketing strategy analysts with excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Our ideal candidates are determined to combine the art and science of analytics and marketing to help clients address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, brand equity impact, channel effectiveness, and pricing.
In the Advisory Services Consultant role, you’ll support senior strategists on multi-million dollar customer engagements. You’ll build your network with the top marketing leadership in major companies across virtually all industries. You’ll work hands on with quantitative marketing data to analyze and reveal the business drivers of the Fortune 500. You will develop expertise at the intersection of big data, marketing, and consulting. Our work is not just about delivering a project and moving on to the next challenge. Instead, it’s about delivering an evolving stream of value and enabling fact-based decision making.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll be on the team that is the face of the company, the customer's go-to person who delivers on the promise of Neustar.
- You’ll help diagnose business needs, translate into questions that Neustar will answer, and architect ways to wrangle data from multiple sources.
- You’ll work closely with Neustar’s modeling team and other strategists advisory services colleagues to identify new insights, and translate findings into insights and stories that create ‘ah ha’ moments for customers.
- You’ll help bridge between the builders of sophisticated quant models and people who run screaming from numbers.
- You’ll learn to translate our analytics into the stakeholder’s native language and tell stories to make complex things simple to understand and translate into measurable actions.
- Your data analytics diligence will help ensure that customers get the full benefit of Neustar’s software and accompanying strategic advice.
- You will participate in the improvement processes and achieve greater quality, consistency, profitability, customer satisfaction, and efficiency, getting new customers up to speed with Neustar’s software faster.
- You’re responsible for smooth delivery of products in the marketing services portfolio to balance client satisfaction, timing and budget targets
- You’ll develop project scope, project plans, risk mitigation strategies, and manage the daily implementation commensurate with project management and Neustar best practices
Skills, Talents Experience you’ll need:
- A head for numbers, a heart for customers, and a passion for defining the standards of marketing effectiveness.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing analytics strategy or marketing consulting. Client facing experience also helpful.
- Exceptional analytics and quantitative acumen with understanding of tools like marketing mix models, multi-touch attribution, data management platforms, customer segmentation, and/or customer identity management, or close experience such as predictive analytics.
- Ideal if you have specific experience in the ad-tech industry, a digital marketing agency, a programmatic buying company or client side digital advertising.
- You are well versed in data and have no problem calling BS, telling truth to power when data looks wonky. You might even have measurement experience across multiple channels, and your passion is for data sources that are real time and audience addressable.
- Definite advanced proficiency with software tools such as Excel to gather, assess, and analyze data as well as PowerPoint to build presentations.
- Project management experience, particularly in client facing role, preferred
- Ability to initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects of medium to large complexity successfully
- Clear understanding of critical path and core project management concepts
- Very effective communicator, good at arbitration and quickly gathering consensus within project teams spanning a breadth of disciplines
- Resilient work ethic with the capability to adapt to the situation, flexibility and nimbleness in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, applied science, statistics, mathematics or economics.
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.