Community Engagement Associate
The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
Our Community team sits at the front line of a burgeoning startup that is committed to delivering the best experience at every stage. We're looking for an advocate for our customers –– someone who continuously raises the bar by inventing creative solutions on the fly. In this role, you'll provide exceptional service and build your skills in analytics, UX, sales, and communications.
- Deliver awe-inspiring customer service on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Act as the voice of the The Farmer’s Dog brand on the front lines with customers and fans by responding to every Tweet, DM, Instagram comment, and beyond!
- Develop new and innovative ways to bring together and engage with The Farmer’s Dog community; Build long-lasting customer and pup relationships efficiently and effectively
- Work cross-functionally with CX to ensure consistent messaging and help define The Farmer’s Dog brand voice on social
- Capture consumer insights and work across marketing, tech, and ops teams to improve the overall consumer experience; Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each individual’s experience
- Actively engage with dog people across platforms and build programs to foster community engagement
- 1 – 2 years relative experience
- Expert knowledge of all things digital and social
- Experience with social planning tools (like Hootsuite or Falcon)
- Excellent time and project management with exceptional attention to detail #grammarpolice
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- All-hands-on-deck attitude with an ability to remain calm and excel under pressure
- Highly motivated, innovative, and able to respond to the challenges of changing customer needs
- You are: organized, empathetic, and a natural problem solver.
- You must: play nicely with others (humans and dogs). Prefer dogs to other species.
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.
Beat that, Google.