Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about storytelling and leveraging data and customer use cases to tell our brand story.
As part of our global brand and communications team, you’ll play a major role in supporting communications efforts across the company -- from working with senior leaders on media and opportunities to driving key launch initiatives for product and corporate news. You’ll also lead our bi-annual developer survey, Currents, and help develop our Customer Stories program -- two critical initiatives for the entire marketing organization.
This role requires experience in technology PR, communications, and writing, ideally for a developer audience. You must be able to talk about technology intelligently and enthusiastically to all levels of a tech company – from a CTO to an architect to a developer. Passion, curiosity, and excellent communication skills are required.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Driving PR activity across multiple regions: Helping to shape our external narrative around launches and company news; working closely with spokespeople on media and analyst engagements.
- Owning our developer survey, Currents: From concept to creation you’ll be responsible for coming up with the survey themes, questions and report and shaping the external narrative around our findings.
- Cultivating customer stories: You’ll be fully entrenched in our customer base, helping to tell their stories from a PR and marketing perspective.
- Drafting content for external comms: Spanning press releases, bylined articles, speaker abstracts, award submissions, as well as strategic internal and customer communications
- Working across multiple teams: From product and marketing to social and support, you’ll be a key resource for all communications activity across the organization.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Technology PR experience (In-house or agency)
- Technical background with the ability to engage with software developers
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear and concise terms
- Should be a self-starter - highly self motivated and entrepreneurial
- Flexibility in regards to work schedule and travel
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise IT requirements and cloud offerings available in the market
- Experience with high pressure environments and occasional short turnaround times
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!