Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Senior Communications Manager
Gemini's Head of Communications is seeking a strategic communicator to help build, execute, and manage an integrated communications strategy. Your job is to develop comms programs to help educate new and existing users, partners, media, and crypto industry thought leaders on Gemini’s mission: to Build a Bridge to the Future of Money. As our Senior Communications Manager, you will flex between strategy and tactical execution that can include media relations, thought-leadership, content activation, writing, and stakeholder engagement. You are a nimble, roll-up-your-sleeves communications professional who can easily and willingly oscillate between strategy and execution and contribute to all tasks in between. You will help us communicate the innovation of cryptocurrency and digital assets and evangelize Gemini’s specific contribution to enabling the future of finance.
- Partner with internal leadership to build and activate powerful content pillars; develop and execute reputation building campaigns and ideas to support key senior leaders across the business
- Own end-to-end campaigns from conception and integration to measurement
- Foster relationships with and help provide day-to-day guidance with external PR agency as well as broader media spokespersons under the direction of the head of communications
- Manage, creation and write a wide range of communications materials including messaging documents, blog posts, press plans, media pitches reactive statements and media briefing materials
- Support proactive and reactive media relations strategies to help educate press, bloggers, and industry influencers about existing and new Gemini products
- Manage company speaking opportunities and awards, including working cross-functionally to research opportunities and manage submissions
- Audit internal communications strategy and work with cross-functional team to create an approach that reflects our culture, including supporting leadership communications and communicating new product announcements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years experience in communications; proven track record of advancement and increased responsibilities
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining composure and flexibility under tight deadlines
- Team player, proven ability to build strong relationships internally across cross functional teams
- Exceptional writing skills and proven ability to build trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Exemplary professionalism, strong judgment, and discretion, especially when under tight deadlines
- Experience managing relationships with external agencies/press
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated experience building comms strategy for the financial services and/or technology industries
- Experience driving messaging and content for consumer products
- Genuine passion for disruptive technology
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events