Channel Marketing Manager
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about acquiring and activating technology partners to accelerate customer acquisition and adoption.
We are looking for a creative, relationship-minded and ambitious marketer to help build and grow our Solutions Partner Program. Reporting to the Head of Customer Acquisition, the person in this new Channel Marketing Manager role will assist in acquiring new partners for the program, and be the primary marketer responsible for building and deploying enablement, nurturing and activation programs that will help our large, managed partners find success with DigitalOcean. When they win, we win. From ABM to MDF, you know how to make partners feel like VIPs and can teach them how to position DigitalOcean as the cloud platform of choice for their SMB customers. You will be working closely with the Marketing and Business Development teams to help position, build, market, and ultimately scale this program to become a major revenue contributor in the years to come.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop a holistic, end-to-end channel marketing strategy and playbook.
- Create and drive integrated marketing campaigns aimed at acquiring new high-value channel partners.
- Forge and expand key relationships with our partners, become their internal face for DigitalOcean and their main enabler of success.
- Evangelize and educate - act as brand champion to ensure our partners deeply understand what makes DigitalOcean special and use as much care and thought as any employee would in positioning and selling our brand and products.
- Build and co-develop joint marketing plans with strategic partners to deliver value-adding, compelling activations that support growth targets.
- Work with product marketing, brand, community, growth and customer marketing teams to create a “menu” of marketing options and garner support for executing programs across marketing channels (social, content, events, email, paid, PR, etc.)
- Test new ideas, analyze results and constantly course-correct to ensure goals are exceeded.
- Work closely with the business development team to set process and parameters around earning, using and tracking the effectiveness of co-marketing/MDF.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Successful track record of marketing to and with strategic channel partners to grow revenue.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a knack for forging and strengthening relationships.
- Extraordinary negotiation and influencing skills to create win-win outcomes both internally and externally, across all levels of an organization.
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinking to build new programs and processes where no prior blueprint exists.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, clearly articulate problems and propose solutions.
- Bonus: you have a technical/developer background and/or know the cloud infrastructure space well.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!