Assistant, Community Management
Away is seeking an Assistant Community Manager to join our Brand Marketing team to represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class support and managing relationships through our social media platforms. The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer experience and insights, the startup world, and all things social media. This role is based in our HQ in NoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the voice of the Away brand on the front lines with customers and fans by responding to every Tweet, DM, Instagram comment, and beyond!
- Deliver awe-inspiring customer service on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and other social platforms
- Manage and build long lasting customer and fan relationships efficiently and effectively
- Capture consumer insights and work across marketing, tech, design, and product teams to improve the overall consumer experience
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each individual’s experience
- Actively engage with travel community across platforms
- Maintain an awareness of what’s going on in the online travel space
Who you are:
- Have 0-1 years experience working in a professional environment
- Passionate about customer experience and fostering community
- Natural conversationalist who enjoys interacting with our fans
- Familiar with all social platforms
- Smart and organized
- Friendly and patient
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities
- Must be available to work some weekends
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.