Manager, Technical Recruiting
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building a premier recruiting machine and love helping companies grow and scale.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Recruiting Manager to work from our NYC office in Soho. Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, this person will be responsible for leading, developing, and inspiring our technical recruiting team to recruit the best and brightest to join our teams here at DO. The Technical Recruiting Manager will also be responsible for fostering a recruiting culture that is steeped in authenticity, love, transparency, efficiency, accountability, collaboration, empowerment and most of all, fun!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading, coaching, and mentoring direct reports through weekly 1:1 meetings and day to day people management
- Providing regular feedback for direct reports, hiring new team members and managing performance throughout
- Providing the team with support and resources to achieve professional and personal developmental goals
- Working closely with business leaders, people business partners, and finance to ensure our team is able to support the growth of the business.
- Effectively communicating and evangelizing our talent acquisition vision to the business and facilitating interview training
- Assisting with driving and improving our pipeline reporting and operations, to provide a seamless and efficient recruiting experience for hiring managers, teams and for our candidates
- Assisting in high level, targeted Leadership searches as needed
What We’ll Expect From You
- Experience managing a team of technical recruiters in a high-growth, technology startup or similar
- A reputation for developing recruiting professionals at all levels
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to work with metrics, numbers, and trends
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to toggle from hands-on and tactical to complex and strategic with ease
- Problem-solving skills that can unite people in a genuine and authentic way to work together and drive solutions and successful outcomes
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.