Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about fostering community and strategic events management.
We are looking for an innovative and creative professional to develop a holistic event strategy and produce amazing experiences for our events with the goal of engaging developers and increasing awareness of DO’s product offerings. Ideal candidates have experience working at a startup or at a tech-oriented organization and are passionate about relationship building and engaging the community through event experiences. The Events Manager will be based out of DigitalOcean’s headquarters in New York City. The Events Manager will manage a small team and collaborate with cross functional groups to create unique experiences and raise awareness of DigitalOcean within the developer and business community.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated marketing professionals, developer evangelists and designers to create unique and memorable experiences for our community of over a million developers. This is a great opportunity for someone who has the creativity and desire to break free from traditional event experiences, to create something truly unique to DigitalOcean and our community. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create the annual event strategy to grow DigitalOcean’s brand, support company objectives and engage with the developer community
- Innovate on traditional event experiences to create a meaningful impact with our developer community
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine event goals and strategy
- Collect feedback , report on event metrics and KPIs to optimize strategy and future events
- Responsible for establishing and managing the annual events budget and expenses
- Hire, develop, mentor, and provide ongoing performance feedback to your team
- Manage all aspects of events sponsorship including timelines, vendor management, logistics, booth production, custom orders, swag, shipments, team travel, etc.
- Play an active role within the developer community via social and events
- Provide creative input on designs and collaborate with our designers for physical assets needed at events and meetups.
- Negotiate with vendors, work with on-site A/V, vendors, caterers, venues, site management
- Be hands on with all aspects of event preparations and logistics; set up on-site on trade show floors or events locations
- Manage staff assignments for events and create and distribute event training materials and playbooks to each event team
- Proactively incorporate best practices, creative and fresh thinking to enhance our branded experiences
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Prior experience working in events management and managing a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter and self motivated to meet job expectations and goals
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multitasking environment
- Experience with swag inventory management and swag production
- Experience with marketing asset production, i.e. flyers, postcards
- Experience with developer and startup related events and meetups
- Passion about the tech industry, and believes DigitalOcean can make a difference in the tech community
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.