Senior Manager, Direct Contracting
Oscar is changing healthcare delivery by curating a strong network of doctors and facilities to provide high-quality, accessible care at a reasonable cost. The Direct Contracting team uses a data-driven approach to understand gaps and improvement opportunities in our current and future care delivery networks, identify partners to bolster these networks, and negotiate deals in alignment with Oscar’s standards.
As the Senior Manager of Direct Contracting, you will lead the construction and continuously refinement of care delivery networks across Oscar’s existing and expansion markets.
- Own a portfolio of markets, leveraging a strong understanding of their network architecture and regulatory, economic, and operational dynamics to set clear direct contracting priorities and metrics.
- Train, grow, and lead an exceptional team, building the capacity and expertise needed to accomplish Oscar’s direct contracting objectives
- Run and optimize your team’s core operations, systematically triaging requests and responsibilities, tracking and reporting on contracting progress, and leading executive communications.
- Collaborate across internal stakeholders to improve cross-functional workflows and resolve issues affecting the composition and quality of your networks
- Serve as the primary escalation point for your deal pipeline, managing complex and sensitive negotiations and unblocking contracting issues
- Synthesize and communicate market and contracting insights from your team to drive improvements to Oscar’s direct contracting strategies and standards
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in an external-facing function with direct people and process management responsibility.
Other key attributes for success include:
- 6+ years of experience in healthcare contracting, sales, business development, consulting, or partnerships, or demonstrably relevant operations and management experience from another field
- Experience leading and scaling high-performing teams and operations
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Excellent structured thinking, with the ability to distill complex or ambiguous inputs into key structures, themes, and priorities
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in building, tracking, and analyzing operational metrics
- A JD, MBA, or other professional degree
- Experience negotiating with or on behalf of healthcare systems or providers
- Experience with early-stage enterprises (e.g. building a company or standing up a new functional area)
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.