Senior Counsel - Leasing
As Senior Counsel for Leasing at Compass, you will work with a talented and collaborative group of in-house attorneys on exciting legal matters involving many facets of our business. You are energetic and collaborative and will serve as a leader in the development of our center-of-excellence surrounding all real-estate matters at Compass. Your leadership contributions will be impactful and value-driven.
At Compass You Will:
- Oversee the drafting and negotiating of office and retail leases across the U.S. and lead related mission-critical responsibilities
- Negotiate work letters and construction-related agreements
- Review and negotiate SNDAs, estoppels, licenses and similar agreements
- Provide legal advice with respect to day-to-day occupancy issues
- Serve as a key partner in the development and execution of corporate real estate strategy
What We're Looking For:
- JD degree from an exceptional law school
- 5 years of real-estate transactions experience at a top-tier law firm or corporation, with particular emphasis on commercial-leasing matters
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of effectively managing teams
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects and related personnel under deadline pressure
- Active and in good standing in the New York State Bar
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.