Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Meetup is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented Paralegal, ideally with 2 to 5 years of experience. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic legal team and be involved in a wide range of legal matters at an innovative and mission-driven tech company within The We Company family. The Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the Meetup legal team in all facets of work. The role will report into Meetup’s Corporate Counsel.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Provide support to the legal team by responding to internal and external inquiries, including, but not limited to, those relating to vendor vetting and contracting.
- Assist with review, drafting and/or negotiation of contracts and other legal documents.
- Create and manage a centralized intake process for, and a database of, legal queries and documents, including tracking of status and key dates.
- Lead or assist the legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation, and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures relevant to areas of coverage.
- Assist with the development of internal resources and training materials for legal team.
- Perform other assignments, strategic projects, or duties as needed, such as liaising with The We Company legal team and assisting with administrative tasks.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic achievements.
- 2 to 5 years of paralegal experience preferred.
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and demands and adjust to shifting priorities within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment, and respect for confidentiality.
- Strong desire to learn the business and expand areas of expertise.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is an exciting time to join Meetup. We are going through the process of re-evaluating our priorities and business model, and the legal team provides critical support to the company as it undergoes this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year and a half into being acquired by The We Company, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.