Legal Operations Specialist
Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Operate our contract lifecycle management system, including abstracting agreements and disseminating information to company stakeholders.
- Manage legal claims related to enforcement of occupancy agreements.
- Maintain, update, and review insurance agreements and maintain compliance with vendor insurance requirements.
- Prepare and manage the execution of leases, management agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Help develop, maintain and update regulatory compliance protocols across all jurisdictions in which we operate.
- As our business scales, you will take on additional mission critical tasks, as needed.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in legal operations in a real estate related field
- Self-sufficient, highly analytical, and comfortable taking charge in a startup environment
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a “can do” attitude
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.