ABOUT THE TEAM
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Working with internal international groups including but not limited to compliance, audit, business and risk to ensure the team will respond in time to queries related to compliance.
• Advising the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new products, and marketing and promoting them.
• Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators across multiple states
• Identifying, assessing, monitoring, managing and reporting on compliance risk
• Implementing internal audit programs and surveillance
• Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
We're looking for a Legal Counsel to work with Head of Legal North America office in New York City, with:
• Excellent academic and law firm credentials
• 3+ years of strong experience in advising clients on legal regulatory and compliance issues across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Insurance, Corporate Law
• Expertise in financial regulations: FinCEN rules, Money Transmission rules, 12 CFR 205 Regulation E, UDAAP, GLBA, FTC Red Flags, BSA and the Patriot Act
• Experience in handling subpoenas, complaints, warrants, and other legal notices
• Experience of securities, cryptocurrencies, consumer credit and/or insurance related regulations would be beneficial
• Experience working with payment systems such as National Automated Clearinghouse Association (NACHA) and Visa and MasterCard would be beneficial
• Deep understanding of U.S. payments law is essential
• Besides strong analytical skills, being process driven and have a methodological way of working, you need to have excellent communication skills (concise and direct) and experience of influencing a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders
• Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in U.S. payments, e-commerce, data protection and privacy laws as well as all necessary U.S. rules and regulations
• Experience counselling technology companies on data protection, privacy, and consumer protection matters
• Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
• Able to learn new areas of the law quickly
• Able to work in extremely fast-paced environment, collaboratively, and autonomously
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Willing to take on new challenges
A LITTLE ABOUT US
• We believe there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways
• Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
• We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
• And we’re only just getting started.
• Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits and an incredible longing for a strong corporate culture.
• You can work autonomously and take ownership - you know how to prioritize the priorities, are organized and know how to effectively manage your tasks and time.
• You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
• You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
• You share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary & benefits, including a 401k plan, commencing your first day
• Extensive PTO, including a free day for your birthday
• Biannual equity bonuses
• Budget for personal developmental opportunities
• Robust employee referral program
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Paid dinners
Please only submit an application for one posting.