Healthcare Compliance & Security Specialist
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $93MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC / FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, and Polaris Partners, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, Louisiana, Illinois, and North Carolina.
ABOUT THE TEAM & OPPORTUNITY:
Working onsite in Quartet’s New York City midtown office and reporting to our General Counsel, the Healthcare Compliance & Security Specialist will take the lead on all operations related to the development, implementation, oversight, and continuous improvement of Quartet’s policies and procedures regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance throughout the organization. Under general supervision, the Healthcare Compliance and Security Specialist supports the operations of the Legal / Corporate Compliance and Security Compliance teams which includes special projects, assessments and assisting with daily operations.
- Internal policies & operating procedures research, oversight, and practices compliance
- External content & communications (healthcare regulations, B2B, B2C, product & operations, NDAs, vendor agreements) compliance oversight
- Intellectual property, software engineering & development practices, privacy, security, and information compliance oversight management
- Oversee adherence to education & trainings, full-time & contractual employee regulations, and associated & relevant documentation compliance which adheres to inspections and audit management
- 4+ years’ experience in healthcare compliance or quality setting
- High level of integrity and trust, sensitive and unwavering approach to confidentiality, excellent judgment, and a principled, practical, collaborative, and solutions-based approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of compliance and privacy standards, including HIPAA, data privacy, or data security processes, as well as the TCPA and acceptable forms and means of communications governed by it
- College Degree required; JD (
- Familiarity or ability to become familiar with state-specific laws and regulations around telemedicine and telehealth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Docs along with the ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders at all levels across the organization
Employee Benefits for Quartet Employees include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, full medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements for mental healthcare, 401K, ESPP, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team!